Pulitzer’s marketing materials try to associate her clothes with the Palm Beach good life. “Life’s a party,” LilyPulitzer.com declares. “Dress like it.” Lilly Pulitzer stores have a beach-party atmosphere, with pink wallpaper and scallop-shell-framed […]
Instagram for video” Viddy may have only just launched, but it’s already been seized upon by dapper rock band Panic at the Disco. The band is asking fans to download the app and […]
As it turns out, there really is a great future in plastics.
“There’s nothing like working with plastic!” Marius Watz announced to an appreciative crowd at the start of a talk in Brooklyn recently. Mr. Watz, a Norwegian-born artist, was describing his work with […]
This film by Terje Sorgjerd was shot on Spain’s highest mountain, El Teide *:
Want to try making a time-lapse video of your own? Take a look at Photojojo’s “Ultimate Guide to Time-Lapse Photography”
* link thanks […]
(no, they didn’t get stolen)
You get the most wonderful street art…
Via Incidental Comics:
Just as most teenage boys go through a Led Zeppelin phase, most young cartoonists go through a New Yorker cartoon phase. This was an early attempt at drawing in that trademark style. I’ve mostly recovered from my Led Zeppelin phase, but I still have visions of my drawings appearing […]
.. reminds me of this bit from “Yellow Submarine”
I loved this movie when I was a kid – we named my Dad’s Super Snark boat after it. The way the animation flows with the music is amazing to watch.
It’s icy and cold outside, so I’m home, trying new wordpress themes. Just added Gone Fishing. I was going to stick with a simpler text only theme, but when I bumped into this picture by Paolo Domeniconi, I had to go with the fish.
In the past couple of years, humongous, gigantic, and often really long infographics have found their way onto the computer screen, through blogs and news sites. Some are great. Some really suck. The volume is booming for both.
Let’s take a look […]
Remember when your heart sank just a little when you realized the Pink Panther movie wasn’t a cartoon?
Then, only a few years later, seeing Edward Gorey’s eerily fantastic opening […]
Since I woke up at 4:30 AM with jet lag, I had time to put together this one-minute meditation on Joss Whedon’s “Dollhouse” and sci-fi:
After reading two articles, “Bill Watterson, creator of beloved ‘Calvin and Hobbes’ comic strip looks back with no regrets” and “Tobogganing” by John Campanelli in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, I have to wonder if the paper was the real-life inspiration for The Onion…
I’ve been spending too much time on Holiday preparations and not enough time assembling photos for the second half of my D10 post. Sorry, I’ll catch up after Thanksgiving.
I have added some new finds to my blogroll. Here are few of the articles that inspired links:
- Southeast Asia Migration Routes and Statistics
- On Dubai's Roads, Women Hop on Harleys and Shatter Stereotypes
- In Argentina, a March on the ‘Global Day of Action Against Monsanto’
- Iranian Reformists Commemorate the Anniversary of Ex-President Khatami's Election on Twitter
- Ukrainian Officials, Russian Security Services Thank You for Your Cooperation!
- Scandal in Argentina as Judges Say a Six-Year Old's Alleged Homosexuality Invited Sexual Abuse
- Thailand Police Detains Student Protesters During Coup Anniversary
- This Mexican Author Says Languages Aren't Straitjackets, but Tools to Start a Bilingual Conversation
- Global Voices Starts a New Collaboration with the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran
- What Should Singapore's Response to the Rohingya Refugee Crisis Be?