2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning mix
1 pound lean ground beef
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Some fresh basil leaves
1 (24 ounce) jar meatless Pasta Sauce
12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
1. Heat up the olive oil and fry the garlic until browned. Add the red pepper and italian herbs. Cook until fragrant. Deglaze the pan with white wine or chicken broth.
2. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and cheese in a medium bowl. Add the garlic. Mix together.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to portion into 8 or 9 meatballs.
4. Pour 1/3 of the sauce into the pan. Gently place the meatballs into the sauce. Cover them with the rest of the sauce. Put basil leaves on top. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about ten minutes. Turn the meatballs over, cook over medium heat until cooked through. (about 15 more minutes.
5. Ladle some of the sauce over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve with more sauce and the meatballs with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.